Youth Shooting Sports Program
Our mission is to support TSRA junior programs, competition and hunter education programs.
Teaching safe, responsible shooting and hunting skills to young people in an atmosphere conducive to families. Our emphasis is on firearm safety with an introduction to shooting sports and our Texas heritage.
By partnering with a variety of organizations we are able to provide introductory shooting activities for youth throughout Texas.
- Scholastic shooting programs including JR ROTC & AgClays
- Scouting groups and merit badge programs
- 4-H Shooting sports
- Texas Parks and Wildlife hunter education and youth shooting
- Junior Olympic training and competition
- Airgun booth demonstrations at a variety of outdoor venues
- Setting up youth shooting clubs
- Safety and training classes for both youth and adults in the responsible use of firearms.
- Youth leader instructor and coach training; including Introduction to Firearms & Gun Safety ®, a new TSRA program
To coordinate an event for your group, please contact our Youth Shooting Sports Director:
Club-in-a-Box (CIB) – Smallbore
In the process of being evaluated and updated…
TSRA George Tubb Memorial Scholarship
Mr. George E. Tubb was dedicated to the promotion of the shooting sports. This Canadian, Texas, rancher was the Texas “Ambassador to the Shooting World.” This native Texan and war hero served his nation and the people of Texas with distinction. He was President of the Texas State Rifle Association, a Director of the National Rifle Association, a Distinguished Rifleman, A High Master in High-power Rifle, and a member of eight U.S. Palma teams that competed internationally. In addition, he was a highly decorated World War II veteran. He was inducted into the Army from the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets and was a battle-tested Infantry Company Commander at the age of twenty. He loved his family, God, ranching, his country, and the shooting sports. George was a true American patriot. This scholarship was established at the main Campus of Texas A&M University to memorialize George Tubb’s contributions to the Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA), the National Rifle Association, and shooting sports worldwide. TSRA expects scholarship recipients to continue the Tubb tradition of promoting the shooting sports.