Apply now for TSRA George Tubb Memorial Scholarships (2017-2018 School Year at Texas A&M University)
Applications are Solicited for the TSRA George Tubb Memorial Scholarships For the 2017-2018 School Year at Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
(Applications are due in the TSRA office by June 5, 2017)
Mr. George E. Tubb was dedicated to the promotion of the shooting sports. This Canadian, Texas, rancher was the Texas “Ambassador to the Shooting World.” This native Texan and war hero served his nation and the people of Texas with distinction. He was President of the Texas State Rifle Association, a Director of the National Rifle Association, a Distinguished Rifleman, A High Master in High-power Rifle, and a member of eight U.S. Palma teams that competed internationally. In addition, he was a highly decorated World War II veteran. He was inducted into the Army from the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets and was a battle-tested Infantry Company Commander at the age of twenty. He loved his family, God, ranching, his country, and the shooting sports. George was a true American patriot. This scholarship was established at the main Campus of Texas A&M University to memorialize George Tubb’s contributions to the Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA), the National Rifle Association, and shooting sports worldwide. TSRA expects scholarship recipients to continue the Tubb tradition of promoting the shooting sports.
Tubb Scholarship Criteria
- The successful applicant will be a US citizen and a Texas resident.
- The successful applicant will be enrolled as a full-time student OR have been accepted for enrollment at the College Station campus of Texas A&M University and will maintain a 2.75 or higher GPA (4.0 basis) during the tenure of the scholarship.
- The successful applicant is encouraged, but not required, to be a member of the Corps of Cadets.
- The successful applicant will be an active competitive shooter, with a classification card issued by the national or international sanctioning organization for that particular shooting discipline, or be an active member of a university, state, national or international recognized shooting team (examples –TSRA Junior rifle or pistol teams; TAMU rifle, pistol or shotgun teams). The shooting discipline is NOT required to be an active team sport at Texas A&M University.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate financial need.
- The successful applicant will be active in other community activities.
- The successful applicant will have demonstrated superior personal qualities.
The George Tubb Memorial Scholarship application form is attached. Two or possibly three Tubb scholarships will be available to be awarded ($1,000 fall semester and $1,000 spring semester) for 2017-2018.
Click here to view and download the TSRA George Tubb Memorial Scholarships Criteria & Application!