Apply Now: TSRA Foundation 2017-2018 Memorial Scholarships In Memory of Mr. “William Travis Clarke, Jr.” & Mr. “Paul Bartlett”
TSRA Foundation 2017-2018 Memorial Scholarships
In Memory of Mr. “William Travis Clarke, Jr.” & Mr. “Paul Bartlett”
Note: Scholarship applications are due in the TSRA office by June 5, 2017
The Texas State Rifle Association Foundation (“TSRAF”) will be awarding one “William T. Clarke, Jr.” scholarship in the amount of $2,000, and one “Paul Bartlett” scholarship in the amount of $1,000 for the 2017-2018 Academic year.
- Applicants may be active in any firearm related discipline.
- Applicants must be a Texas/U.S. resident and a TSRA member.
- High School Seniors may apply but must show proof of acceptance to their selected Texas institution of higher learning.
- Current college students must have an overall GPA of 2.75 or greater on the 4.0 scale to apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled/accepted as a full-time College/University student in Texas. (Graduate students are not eligible.)
- Automatic renewal of awarded scholarship is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of the TSRA Foundation Board of Directors annually.
- Applicants may apply for any and all TSRA/TSRAF related scholarships; however recipient may only be granted one annually.
- Applicant must submit a 250 -500 words, double spaced essay based on the subject of the Missions I or II of the Texas State Rifle Association. (shown below and listed in the TSRA Sportsman)
- TSRA Mission Statement I- To champion and support the rights of law-abiding Texans to own, enjoy and use firearms as guaranteed by the constitutions of the State of Texas and the United States of America
- TSRA Mission Statement II – To protect and defend the inalienable rights of the individual Texan to acquire, possess, transport, carry, transfer ownership and enjoy the right to lawful use of firearms for self-preservation, for the defense of family and property, and for the common defense of the republic and the individual liberties of the people.
The TSRA Scholarship Committee will review applications and submit a recommendation to the TSRA Foundation Board of Directors for award. The Committee will consider the following information in the evaluation of applicants:
- Academic achievement, honors-awards or special accomplishments
- school service (extra-curricular activities/volunteer work)
- Community and or Work experience
- Financial need for scholarship
- Essay quality and content
- Academic or Community references (non-family)
- Applicants are not required to be a competitive shooter, but must have experience in a shooting/marksmanship or 2nd amendment activity. (example: 4H, FFA, BSA, SCTP, CMP, NRA or hunting)
The TSRA Scholarship Committee
Note: Funding for the scholarships is from the TSRA Foundation Endowed Fund.
The William T. Clarke Jr Estate has provided significant funding for the endowed fund as have many other contributors. Donations to the TSRA Foundation are encouraged and are tax deductible. Contributions support Youth shooting and Scholarships.
Paul Bartlett is a Past-President of the Texas State Rifle Association and coached, worked, and strongly supported Junior and Adult Shooting Programs. He conducted matches and shooting Championships and provided leadership for TSRA and for Greenwood Gun Club for many years.
Click here to view and dowTSRA Foundation 2017-2018 Memorial Scholarships!